The courses are a mixture of distance learning at home study and and two practical weekends followed by a case study. The course is run by trainers with vast amounts of experience in working with GP Referral clients who are able to offer invaluable real-life training advice and education throughout your time with us setting learners up to be successful in the group training space.
Level 3 Exercise Referral
Level 3 Pre and Post Natal
Level 2 Kettlebell
Level 2 Studio Cycling
Level 3 Nutrition
Level 3 Exercise Referral - Following qualification as a GP Exercise Referral Instructor, you will be able to provide safe and effective exercise programming for those with a variety of medical conditions, and will leave you well-versed in the common causes of referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme.
Level 3 Pre and Post Natal - During your career within the fitness industry it is a very likely scenario that at some point you will be called upon to work with a pre or post-natal client. It could be a daunting prospect. However the pre and postal qualification will prepare you for this prospective situation. In a very highly demanding market, this specialist area has given many instructors or personal trainers a corner stone for there business.
The qualification will give you the knowledge and skills, as well as the confidence, necessary to work with this hugely rewarding but often more challenging and sensitive population group.
The Level 2 Kettlebell and Level 2 Studio Cycling courses are one day courses with a small distance learning at home study section prior to attending both practical days. The course is run by trainers with vast amounts of experience in using kettlebells who are able to offer invaluable real-life training advice and education throughout your time with us setting learners up to be successful in this environment.
The Level 3 Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance course is distance learning and assessed through a case study that learners complete at home. Learners are able to study at their own pace with guidance from a personal tutor through email helping you to increase your knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
Book your place today and we will send all of the course materials you need to get started straight away. You’ll be assigned a personal tutor who will be on-hand during your distance learning phase of the course.
- A REPs accredited and recognised fitness instructor’s qualification such as gym instructor or etm instructor are required
- This qualification is open to all. Learners should have basic skills in english language and reading and writing.
- Professional practice for exercise referral instructors
- Understanding medical conditions, including cardiovascular, respiratory, metabolic, musculoskeletal, and mental health conditions
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Planning exercise referral programmes
- Instructing exercise with referred patients
- Benefits of physical activity for pre and post natal clients
- Physiological and biomechanical changes that take place during pregnancy
- Key considerations for pre and post natal clients participating in physical activity
- Nutritional requirements for pre and post natal clients
- Collecting information and selecting appropriate activities with the pre or post natal client
- Designing and recording an individualised, safe and effective exercise programme for pre or post natal clients
- Identify and manage specific risks to the pre or post natal client when participating in physical activity
- Advantages of kettlebell training
- Accurate teaching of kettlebell exercises
- Exercises and programme design
- Instructing a kettlebell session
- Nutrition for sport and exercise performance T/508/4367
- Practical assessment
- A written case study and a worksheet
- Multiple choice theory exams
- A theory based case study, to be submitted between 4 - 6 weeks after the workshop weekend. - Unit 2
- Students are practically assessed towards the end of the workshop
- The practical element of the course is assessed through out the day by your tutor/assessor and there are also a worksheet to complete and planning paperwork
Our flexible 0% finance plan allows you to make your training and new career affordable. The 0% option is available to all students. Our admin team will contact you to set this up once you have booked your place on the course.
- Awarded Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes
- Students will receive a Level 2 award in Kettlebell Instructor Training
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Level 2 Award in Indoor Cycling Instruction
- Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance